Saturday 26 November 2011

The Law of Charity Shop Attraction

The Queen of Wishful Thinking
Something that works time and again for me is the successful use of wishful thinking, when I look around charity shops. There is something to be said for visualisation. Try it. 


In January 2011, I found a luxurious, full length cashmere and wool coat from Harrods - brand new - (North London Hospice, Crouch End), a herring bone Austen Reed trouser suit (Fulham Road, was it Barnados?) and countless other items that have:
a). saved me a fortune,
b). fulfilled the description of what I wanted to find and
c). fit!

Cherry Red Coat - Cornwall Hospice Care, Penryn, Cornwall



Here's an example: On Wednesday morning (23 Nov, 2011) I posted up that I wanted a maroon red top, coat or jacket. I didn't get the colour description correct but I got the item! It turns out to be Cherry Red, the exact colour I wanted.

It is 100% new wool and cost all of eight quid. It is a generous size 16.

Why not post up your charity shop wants and see if the universe can provide. Then when it does let everyone know you have made magic happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment